Are you ready to join a winning team?
A fulfilling position as a Welder/Fitter is currently available within the Manufacturing Team. This position is responsible to plan, lay-out, fabricate and assemble metal products of various metals such as custom framework or shells for machinery, tanks and metal parts for buildings.
Looking for a stable company with a history of success? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new opportunity to develop your skills? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, fits and welds components together.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding process.
- Hammers, chips, and grinds workpiece to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
- Preheats workpieces for welding when necessary.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, fits, and welds components together.
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications prior to welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools associated with fabricating shops.
- Tack-welds, solders, bolts, clamps, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to secure for welding and assembling products.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Ensures all safety policies are followed at all times
- Good oral communication skills, listening and ability to learn.
- 5+ years of TIG welder experience.
- Proven competency in fit-up, tack and finish welding with FCAW & GTAW processes.
- Ability to fabricate weldments according to prints and specified tolerances.
- Knowledge of weld symbols.
- Knowledge of welding techniques used to minimize warp age.
- Proficient in math and various formulas used in determining circumference, radius, diameter, degrees, etc.
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with other employees.
- Ability to pass welding assessment and become certified on required process, position, alloy and joint configurations
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events