We are currently seeking a welder with the ability to plan, lay out, fabricate, and assemble structural metal products such as framework or shells for machinery, tanks, and metal parts for buildings.
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications
- Lays out, positions, aligns, fits, and welds components together
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding process
- Sets up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment
- Preheats work pieces when necessary
- Sets up and operates machine tools associated with fabricating
- Tack welds, solders, bolts, clamps, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to secure for welding and assembling products
- Hammers, chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend, and straighten metal
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines into work piece
- Designs and constructs templates and fixtures
- Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products
- Ensures all safety policies are followed at all times
- All other duties as required
- Must have 3 years welding experience in fabrication shops
- Must demonstrate competence with FCAW & GTAW welding processes
- Must have experience reading engineering and/or blue prints
- Ability to fabricate weld-ments according to prints and specified tolerances
- Knowledge of weld symbols
- Knowledge of welding techniques used to minimize distortion
- Proficient in math and various formulas used in determining circumference, radius, diameter, degrees, etc.
CHL SYSTEMS offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package.