Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
An exciting position is currently available in our Technical Services Department for a Millwright Mechanic/Service Technician. Any experience in our company core industries inclusive of Food Processing and Industrial Automation, is helpful. This position will work as an integral part of our equipment engineering team. The individual must have a diverse background that includes a working knowledge of mechanical equipment design, control systems/methodologies and other applicable technologies in order to be a major contributor to the design, implementation and testing of custom electro-mechanical equipment.
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read and interpret engineering prints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Plans sequence of operation
- Dismantles and moves machines and equipment.
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Straightens warped or bent parts.
- Constructs foundation for machines.
- Aligns machines and equipment.
- Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures.
- Uses transit to locate reference points and erects ladders and scaffolding to fit together large assemblies.
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse as specified.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Chips of excess weld slag or spatter.
- Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
- Tacks assemblies together.
- Ensures all safety policies are followed at all times.
- All other duties as required.
- Ability to fabricate weldments according to prints and specified tolerances
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to perform welding & cutting techniques
- Ability to read and understand drawings and prints
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events