We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Engineering Department who has proven experience in Material Handling and Conveyance Equipment Design. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in Food Processing and Industrial Automation. The successful candidate will design and analyze mechanical equipment and systems to achieve project goals and objectives set forth by our customers.
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing, and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma, and heavy industry to name a few.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Design and analyze mechanical equipment and facility layouts utilizing appropriate software tools
· Experience with raw product/food conveyance and sanitary equipment design.
· Serve as engineering lead on projects working independently or with a support team of Engineers, Designers, and Drafts persons
· Plan and implement engineering program, including defining goals, design activities, milestones, and staffing needs per project requirements
· Develop and/or maintain a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project
· Control labor and material expenditures within limitations of project budget
· Coordinate the preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages
· Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
· Provide status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management as required.
· Work closely with Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing and Technical Service to understand system requirements and develop workable design concepts and cost estimates
· Work independently on projects from conceptualization to drawing completion
· Execute all projects successfully based on the defined requirements, scope, schedule, and budget
· Identify and resolve technical issues during all phases of the project
· Key focus on design for manufacturability and operator safety
· BS in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, from an accredited university or college.
· Minimum of 5 plus years related experience in Material Handling and Conveyance Systems design.
· Proficiency in SolidWorks, or related solid modeling design software
· AutoCAD experience a plus
· Well organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
· Strong time management skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to travel to customer sites throughout North America (<5% of time).
CHL offers a competitive benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
· Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Holidays and Vacation Days
· Safety Program Incentives
· Employee Appreciation Events