Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results-driven individual to aid in direction and coordination of the daily activities of Project Managers to ensure that goals and/or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed metrics. This position is also responsible for the management and completion of larger and/or more complex projects as assigned. This includes communicating directly with resources concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Aid in the planning, direction, and daily operation of the department.
- Recommend improvements to department procedures and work instructions as necessary.
- Aid in the recruitment and evaluation of department staff; maintains KPIs for staff and department performance.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit by recognizing the accomplishments of other team members and building group morale
- Provides support and assistance to Project Management staff when needed
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents
- Effectively set, communicate, and manage project expectations with team members in a timely and clear fashion
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, devise contingency plans, and capture cost impacts
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise Project Management staff as well as project team members and contractors
- Coordinate potential future project opportunities with the Sales Engineer
- Build, develop, and maintain any business relationships vital to the success of the company
- Conduct project closeout reporting, including recommendations, in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
Job Skills and Qualifications
- 10 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as MS Project
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently demonstrating flexibility
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and time lines through analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to elicit cooperation and defuse tension among project team and other departments
- Ability to produce results through political sensitivity
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills
- Customer interfacing skill set is an asset
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Familiarity with drafting or modeling software such as AutoCAD and Solid Works
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events