Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
An exciting position is currently available in our Sales Department for an Entry Level Sales Engineer. Any experience in our company core industries inclusive of Food Processing and Industrial Automation is helpful. The individual will identify new customers and uncover new project opportunities for customers and provide input in creating technical specifications for quotation development.
- Continuously seeks new prospects through cold calling techniques and works to develop each prospect into new customers by identifying opportunities that fit the CHL disciplines.
- Gains in-depth knowledge of potential customer plants and operations to provide knowledgeable solutions, products, and services.
- Evaluates and qualifies new project opportunities at customer sites.
- Provides regular reporting and updates on customer activities including potential project opportunities through use of CRM or CHL developed custom spreadsheets.
- Works closely with customers to assist in developing project scope.
- Works closely with internal departments in sales activities through bidding, negotiation, and sales closing process for new projects.
- Provides customer follow-up to close quoted projects and to assess the customer’s satisfaction of recently completed projects.
- Ensures all safety policies are followed at all times.
- BS or BA in Mechanical, Electrical, or associated engineering disciplines desired but not necessary.
- 1-3 years of experience in selling technical equipment or services desired but not necessary.
- Ability to interact with customers at all levels of an organization.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Highly motivated and driven to prospect and develop new accounts and opportunities.
- Ability to relate to customers and speak in standard industry terminology.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and blue prints.
- Strong self-management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Highly organized and disciplined in maintaining CRM or CHL developed customer spreadsheets.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to customer questions and/or inquiries.
- Able to contribute individually and as part of a team.
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events