We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results-driven individual to drive the Corporate Safety Program through collaboration with Leadership and Team Members.
Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and administer corporate Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Promote a culture of safety by working with team members to motivate and encourage a safe working atmosphere
• Educate leadership and team members on corporate safety policies and procedures
• Collaborate with managers and employees to identify and reduce risks within the working environment and to achieve identified organizational goals related to safety and compliance
• Conduct and/or assist in safety audits, hazard assessments, and incident investigations
• Maintain records of safety-related inspections and propose corrective actions based on data collected
• Assist Safety Manager in managing workers compensation claims through communication with employee and plan claim’s administrator to properly report and document the claim
• Manage corporate safety training programs and develop and enhance training programs to increase effectiveness of safety program
• Conduct safety training for new hires, existing employees, and subcontractors.
• Evaluate, develop and implement enhancements to improve program effectiveness, when necessary
• Remain abreast of changes and developments in the industry and advise management on any actions needed to be taken to comply with changes or updates
• Manage DOT and Respiratory Testing programs
• Maintain third party record-keeping databases as required by external customers
• Maintain and update corporate record-keeping database in regards to OSHA reporting and training requirements
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Health and Safety regulations in accordance with the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Transportation (DOT), as well as other regulations and safety standards.
• BS/BA in Occupational Health & Safety or a related technical field
• 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Occupational Health & Safety Certification preferred
• OSHA 30 hour General Industry Certification a plus
• Ability to utilize structured problem-solving methods to deliver results.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to confidently own a project and see it through to completion
• Ability to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, with willingness and ability to learn new systems.
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
* Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
* 401(k) with Company Match
* Holidays and Vacation Days
* Safety Program Incentives
* Employee Appreciation Events