Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
We are currently seeking an individual for our Engineering Department who has proven experience in Machine Design. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in our core industries: Food Processing, Industrial Automation, and Heavy Industry (primary metals manufacturing). The successful candidate will design and analyze mechanical equipment and systems to achieve project goals and objectives set forth by our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and analyze mechanical equipment utilizing appropriate software tools
- Serve as technical leader on projects working independently or with a support team of Engineers, Designers, and Drafts persons
- Plan and implement engineering program, including: defining goals, design activities, milestones, and staffing needs per project requirements
- Develop and maintain a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project
- Control labor and material expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Coordinate preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
- Provide status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management as required Requirements
- Work closely with Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing and Technical Service to understand system requirements and develop workable design concepts and cost estimates
- Work independently on small to medium sized projects from conceptualization to drawing completion
- Execute all projects successfully based on the defined requirements; scope, schedule, and budget
- Identify and resolve technical issues during all phases of the project
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in machine design environment.
- Professional Engineering license a plus
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, or related solid modeling design software
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Well organized, detail oriented, and self motivated
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to customer sites throughout North America (<5% of time).
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events