Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
CHL Systems is growing! We are currently seeking a Junior Buyer to join our Purchasing team. The Junior Buyer is an ideal position for an individual pursuing an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field. The main responsibility of this position is to procure and distribute materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for CHL. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interfacing with vendors and working in a fast-paced customer/project driven culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity including: preliminary specifications, preferred suppliers, and date the commodity is needed
- Solicit and evaluate proposals for the requested commodity
- Investigate and/or interview, along with the purchasing team, potential sub-contract suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements
- Negotiate the lowest possible cost for the commodity considering optimum quality and schedule needs
- Assure the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Some college course work completed
- Experience in production environment a plus but not required
- Ability to effectively communicate within the organization and with vendors.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Applications.
- Good math skills with basic understanding of Accounts Payable procedures.
- Ability to accurately handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events