Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our custom equipment Engineering Team. This position will have leadership responsibility to all aspects of our Engineering Department. The Engineering Manager will collaborate with the other core department leaders to develop strategic initiatives and drive departmental objectives to support these initiatives. They will also be responsible for team member development and engagement. The Engineering Manager will be fiscally responsible for department operations, and developing and adhering to departmental budgets. They must possess a working knowledge of process development, machine design, and control systems to oversee the high level development of custom equipment, positioning CHL Systems as a leader in its core industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop the Engineering team to sustain company initiatives.
- Propose and maintain department budget to support existing business and projected growth.
- Ability to critically review equipment designs and manage risks associated to CHL.
- Promote adherence to good engineering practices throughout Engineering department.
- Maintain all standard operating procedures for all aspects of the Engineering department.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels for successful operation of the department.
- Mentor and coach team members for continual growth of their individual engineering and leadership skills; promote and approve professional development activities for staff.
- Demonstrate integrity and always adhere to the company’s code of conduct and business ethics standards.
- Regularly review all project and company metrics including, but not limited to, overtime utilization, daily labor reports, profit and loss statements, key performance indicators, project and company financial reports.
- Collaborate with Leadership team, as needed to implement companywide improvements and initiatives.
- Work closely with Sales and Project Management on product requirements and development of cost models for quotation purposes; review quotations from others in the Engineering department.
- Oversee, maintain, plan and implement upgrades for all CAD and information systems ensuring CHL is at the leading edge of technology.
- Represent the company with customers, including speaking technically on a variety of projects and systems.
- Work in close conjunction with the Chief Engineer to further department and company initiatives and ensure that the Engineering department runs smoothly in all aspects at all times.
- Develop an active vendor network to engage quickly in times of increased need.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Career of increased management responsibilities including five years of proven departmental leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a custom equipment design environment
- Proven ability to work across departments to support corporate strategies.
- Proven ability to lead the engineer process from concept through completion including design/build of custom pieces and integration of OEM equipment, as required by particular applications.
- Enthusiastic leader who has the ability to unite a department to achieve specific goals.
- Self-starter who is well-organized, detail-oriented, creative and possesses excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with written and oral communication
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with vendors and customers across a wide spectrum of industry.
- Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and important issues at one time.
- Proven ability to maintain and manage a dynamically changing schedule and balance overall workloads.
- Minimal travel to customer sites.
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events