Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
An exciting position is currently available in our Engineering Department for a Project Engineer with proven experience in the design/build of automated equipment with particular emphasis on robotic systems. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in our core industries – Food Processing and Industrial Automation. This position will work as an integral part of our custom equipment engineering team. The individual must have a diverse background that includes an in-depth knowledge of mechanical equipment design, control systems/methodologies and other applicable technologies in order to lead the design, implementation and testing of custom electro-mechanical equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in an automated equipment design environment.
- Proven experience in taking automated systems from concept through completion including design/build of custom pieces and integration of OEM equipment, including robots, as required by particular applications.
- Self-starter who is well-organized, detail-oriented, creative and possesses excellent problem solving skills.
- Design software experience: Proficiency in SolidWorks, or related, solid modeling package; experience with FEA, or other simulation, packages a strong plus; experience with robotics programming a strong plus; experience with PLC/HMI systems and programming a plus.
- Proficiency with written and oral communication and giving presentations. Need to effectively present technical documents with an ability to explain technical concepts with depth that is tailored to the expected audience.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with vendors and customers across a wide spectrum of industry.
- Strong time management skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to lead a design team on a large project.
- Ability to develop concepts and solutions meeting all customer requirements and to estimate the cost of implementation of those solutions.
- Ability to travel to customer sites (<15% of time).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Self-starter who can work independently on projects from conceptualization to drawing completion.
- Work closely with Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing and Technical Services to understand system requirements and develop workable design concepts and cost estimates.
- Write comprehensive proposals outlining all project parameters and present solutions in a clear and concise format.
- Execute projects in a technical leadership role based on all defined requirements: scope, schedule and budget.
- Define, review and resolve any technical issues during all phases of a project.
- Ensure all subsystem/feature designs “fit” together.
- Safeguard that all equipment and designs meet industry safety standards.
- Travel to job-sites for initial discussions, system installations and start-ups.
- Demonstrate integrity. Adhere to the company’s code of conduct and business ethics standards.
- Ability to think “out-of-the box” by generating new ideas and solutions.
- Reports directly to Engineering Manager with dotted line responsibilities to Account Manager and Project Manager as required by specific project.
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events