We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results-driven individual to coordinate and complete project estimates, proposals and concepts. The ideal candidate will have the capability to work effectively across departments while representing CHL with outside vendors and contractors. This candidate will be creative, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Project Management Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and manage project estimate development from beginning to end
- Support sales staff with joined site visits and/or make visits independently depending on circumstances and specific industry experience
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the Director of Project Management
- Effectively set, communicate, and manage project estimate expectations with any involved team members in a timely and clear fashion
- Understand, analyze, and lead technical concepts of system aspects of project estimates.
- Stay current with industry standards. USDA requirements, OSHA requirements, available design components.
- Work with Purchasing to control component variation and cluster orders for savings with knowledge of project orders incoming
- Draft and submit project proposals, and recommend subsequent scope, schedule, and budget changes where necessary
- Identify and manage project estimate dependencies and critical path
- Responsible for final estimate of ENG, MFR, SVC and sub-contracts for each project quotation.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties as part of transition to executing project team
- Provide technical consultation during project life-cycle when appropriate.
- Coordinate potential future project opportunities with the appropriate Sales Engineer
- Build, develop, and maintain any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Conduct project closeout analysis, in order to identify areas where future modifications to cost or design can be implemented
- Develop best practices and tools for project estimate execution and project management (when applicable)
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years direct work experience in a technical project management, engineering, or estimate capacity, including all of process development and execution
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as MS Project-Demonstrated experience in personnel management
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently demonstrating flexibility
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and time lines through analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to elicit cooperation and defuse tension among project team and other departments
- Ability to produce results through political sensitivity
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills-Customer service skills an asset
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Familiarity with drafting or modeling software such as AutoCAD and Solid Works
- Excellent organizational time management skills and strong interpersonal skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a multitude of processes
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment is essential
- Capacity to make independent decisions and substantiate them
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications
CHL Systems offers a competitive salary and full benefits package!